[opencms-dev] OpenCMS General Use Case?

Simon Knightley simon.knightley at syskinetic.co.uk
Wed Mar 27 16:25:28 CET 2002

Jason,

You have made a good choice of technologies to run the site on you
should have no trouble with this combination at all.

By our experience it is best to start from scratch rather than trying to
import something.  You will want to create a series of templates to base
your site on then start creating content.  Don't try and zip up your
site and import it, you'll probably regret it later!

Have a look at the docdeveloper_latest.pdf documentation on the OpenCMS
site.  It is out-of-date and incorrect in places, but guides you through
the template creation process.

I would suggest just creating a single project for the whole Intranet,
as you can always set up different project manager permissions within
the project later.

Good luck

Simon Knightley
Consulting Director