[opencms-dev] Charset problems

Vitaly Folomeev vitaly at iatp.kg
Fri Apr 5 09:36:09 CEST 2002

Hello,

I am a new in openCMS. I have some questions about of different charsets.

I've installed openCMS. Then I am try to edit HTML in WYSIWYG Editor, I have a problems with non english charset. Therefore I change all charsets in installation pakage to UTF-8. Then reinstall openCMS. In this case WYSIWYG Editor and publish system work perfectly. May be you know more right way?

But I still have a problem. When I create a page and add navigation text in russian, I can see it on page. But 1) when try edit it become non russian; 2) when I publish it, navigation text become a set of chars.
I'm understend, that it a recoding problems. Can you suggest a way how to solve it?

Regards,
Vitaly