AW: [opencms-dev] Registry Bug

Massimiliano Alessandri m.alessandri at tiscalinet.it
Sat Apr 13 02:18:15 CEST 2002

>could you please give more details about how to reproduce the bug? It works
>for me. Is it possible you have changed the registry manually while running
>OpenCms? If you want to change the registry manually you should first stop
>the system.
1) I selected the Administration view
2) I selected "Synchronization management"
3) I selected on a folder in the list
4) I deleted the folder with the X button
5) I clicked on "Ok"
That exact moment the "registry.xml" file was altered by OpenCMS adding
garbage at its end, as I could check with UltraEdit32.
I stopped OpenCMS, then corrected the file to make the system work again.
I never modified the file while OpenCMS was running, it was the application
itself that did it.
I only repaired the file after stopping OpenCMS.
This behaviour exhibits all the time.
Thanks