[opencms-dev] installation wizard problem: NullPointerException at getWizardEnabled

Wessel Louwris wessel.louwris at satama.com
Tue Apr 9 01:05:25 CEST 2002

Hi,

I'm not a opencms developer (yet ;-), but I'm having some problems
installing/configuring opencms. Hope I can abuse this list for such
questions? Otherwise please let me know where else I should look.

I downloaded the binary opencms 4.6.0 and copied opencms.war to my Tomcat
4.0.3 webapps directory (/usr/share/tomcat4/webapps/opencms.war) on my
Debian linux system. I use Sun's java version "1.3.0_02"

When I try to start the wizard (opencms/ocsetup) I get the following error
in my browser:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.opencms.boot.CmsSetup.getWizardEnabled(CmsSetup.java:1019)
	at org.apache.jsp.index$ocjsp._jspService(index$ocjsp.java:113)

Maybe it's missing the properties file (that's what I guess when I look at
the source around there))?

If this is so, where do I install this file (I found it in the src
distribution). I created it in the webapps dir and in the webapps/opencms
dir, but that didn't help.

thanks a lot, Wessel