AW: [opencms-dev] missing 'new' icon

Michael Schäfer ms at ethikom.de
Tue Apr 9 20:06:31 CEST 2002

Hello Chris,

sounds a bit strange. Do you have enough memory on your machine. We had
problems with the default configuration of tomcat that uses only 64 MB of
memory. Have a look at your log-files for "out of memory" errors. Here is an
useful answer I got from the list:

-------------------

Michael,

to avoid that Java runs out of memory, you must add the following parameter
to the java call in your servlet engine:

-Xmx256M

This will give Java up to 256MB of memory. If your server has more physical
memory, you can of course use a higher value (-Xmx512M or -Xmx1024M).

Per default, Java 1.3 uses a maximum of 64MB (older versions used even
less), but this can be different in different Java VMs.

Michael

Problems with importing could be result of missing users and rights as well.
Are the owners of your 4.4-files users in 4.6?

Best regards

Michael