[opencms-dev] Install demo Page: no pictures accessible

Marcel.Luternauer at sicap.com Marcel.Luternauer at sicap.com
Mon Apr 22 13:28:13 CEST 2002

I've just installed (almost successfully) the demo webpage
according to my own description below.

First I 've installed successfully the OpenCms servlet as described on:
http://www.opencms.org/opencms/opencms/service/installation46.html

------------------------- BEGIN INSTALLATION --------------------------
1. Download the follwoing files from:

http://www.opencms.org/opencms/opencms/service/modules.html
- NewsModule4.zip
- website_for_oc_4.4.0.zip

2. Unzip NewsModule4.zip

Update the opencms database
$ mysql -u <user> -p <database> < NewsModuleSetup.sql

Copy  com.opencms.modules.homepage.news_4.zip to
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/export/modules/

Login as admin.
Select project 'Online'
Go to Administration --> Modulemanagement -->
        Upload Module from --> Server
Choose com.opencms.modules.homepage.news_4.zip

3. Unzip website_for_oc_4.4.0.zip

Update the opencms database
$ mysql -u <user> -p <database> < website.sql

Copy website_import3.zip to
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/export/

Create a new project.
Select the new project.

Go to Administration --> Databasemanagement --> Import
Choose website_import3.zip

Publish the new project.

Now I got the website locally, but I cannot get access to any pictures
although all the pictures necessary for the website are in /picts/templates/
I've checked the permissions on /picts/templates/* and I guess that they
are ok.

Could anybody help?

Regards
Marcel Luternauer