[opencms-dev] Module for Lucene Search Integration

Simon Knightley simon.knightley at syskinetic.co.uk
Wed Apr 24 15:42:44 CEST 2002

Dear List,

Syskinetic has recently completed a module for the Lucene search
integration.  This provides new functionality:
-         multiple index collections
-         new simple to use module interface
-         simultaneous search and re-index
-         support for German umlauts
-         directory traversal bug fix

You can download it at http://www.syskinetic.com/customer/links.html
there is a readme included to help you get started, although it lacks a
little detail.  Please mail me or the list if you get stuck.

There is still a bug in the code which means that selecting a directory
for indexing from the directory browser pop-up will fail to load if you
default to the Administration view rather than the Explorer view.  If
anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.  Please could you
report any other bugs to me as well.  Thanks to Werner Punz and Marian
Kasala for spotting issues in version 1.

Note: Alex - perhaps you could update the opencms website with the new
details.

Regards

Simon Knightley
Consulting Director