[opencms-dev] generating pdf files

Manfred Pruntsch manfred.pruntsch at ifcos.com
Wed Apr 24 16:56:15 CEST 2002

Hi,

How can I generate a pdf file from a html page?
opencms has a class (CmsPdfLauncher) for XML templates. The PDF rendering is
based on the Formatting Objects Printer (FOP, xml.apache.org/fop)
cite: (javadoc from this class)
> This can be used generating PDF output for XML body files
> using XML template and subtemplate technology.
> The template data has to be XSL:FO coded.
> The selected body should define a start template class using
> <PAGE>  *   <CLASS>...</CLASS> * </PAGE>
> If no start template is defined, the class given by the parameters will be
used.

what are needed?
- a xml mastertemplate with subtemplate
- a xsl:fo coded template (how the pdf looks like?! In the fop doc are many
examples)
- a java class launching the pdf generating.

My question is, how it goes on. In other words:
How do I perform a simple 'Hello World' example for getting pdf to
understand the basic mechanism.

best regards
Manfred Pruntsch