[opencms-dev] Velocity + Opencms.

Amanjit Gill amanjit.gill at gmx.de
Wed May 1 13:11:55 CEST 2002

Hi folks,

Please correct me if I am wrong:

If I want to use velocity with opencms, I have to build opencms from
source, with the opencms-velocity glue code and the velocity-sourcecode
(1.2 src) copied into the lets say /opencmsbuild folder .

First:
opencms itself builds fine (from website, did _not_ try cvs).

	- opencms_src_4.6.0.zip (from website)
	- ant.141
	- opencms_velocity_02.zip
	- velocity-1.2.zip

Next:
- I simply copied the glue code (from opencms web site) into the
appropriate folder:
com/* (from the opencms_velocity_02.zip) to
opencmsbuild/opencms/src/com/*
- the code from velocity 1.2 src/* to opencmsbuild/opencms/src/*

When I reinvoke ant, there seem to be some problems with package names,
and I wondered if I had to install some of the jakarta-Commons source
code? That was the point I gave up. I do my regular work with C++ and
Make so I think I did not screw up too bad. ;-) (famous lasts words,
that is?)

My questions:
- Do I have to use src from CVS to make this work?
- Do I only need the velocity jar file and the glue code or the complete
velocity sourcecode?
- Do I have to fiddle with the opencms.properties before build time?

Thanks for all help.