[opencms-dev] Velocity + Opencms.

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.com
Wed May 1 13:38:43 CEST 2002

Hi Amanjit

> Please correct me if I am wrong:
>
> If I want to use velocity with opencms, I have to build
> opencms from source...

No, you don't need to build OpenCms from source.
The current velocity integration package is used when you write
OpenCms template clases or modues for an installed OpenCms system.

> My questions:
> - Do I have to use src from CVS to make this work?
No, since you don't need to rebuild from source.

> - Do I only need the velocity jar file and the glue code or
> the complete velocity sourcecode?
Only the velocity jar and glue code jar.

> - Do I have to fiddle with the opencms.properties before build time?
Not before you build OpenCms, you only have to add the Velocity lines
to the properties of the installed OpenCms system as described in the
README.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior