[opencms-dev] Weird publish bug/behavior

Werner Punz werpu at gmx.at
Mon May 13 12:27:12 CEST 2002

Hi I don´t know if anybody else had this problem.
I already mentioned this bug in another thread but I think it deserves its
own thread.
Following weird behavior bug almost drives me mad:
When I try to publish a file OpenCMS somtimes thinks it has to go through
all files and thus a publish of a single file or directly literally takes ages.
This behavior is non reproducable, it occurrs in about 70% or 60% of all
publishes, sometimes it works normally but on certain files (preferrably in the
content directory) it takes ages.
It doesn´t matter as long as OpenCMS only handles a handful of files but
once the file number becomes bigger and you move away from MySQL this thing
almost goes out of control (I´m not sure if this behavior also occurs with MySQL
since I use MSSQL)

Has anyone encountered this bug? All I can see is that OpenCMS hammers down
the database with lots of queries which indicates that it scans lots of
files, maybe recursively the whole directory structure.
Is there a workaround, fix to this problem?

Regards Werner

already 10 minutes since I started the last single file publish :-(

http://www.gmx.net