[opencms-dev] OpenCms/Flex source build problem

Dan Moore Dan.Moore at xor.com
Tue May 14 17:03:45 CEST 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002 18:33, mfoley5 at csc.com.au wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to build OpenCms/Flex from the sources ("ant -buildfile
> build_flex.xml war") but get a stream of errors, beginning with the dump
> pasted below:

It looks like some classes are missing.  Which jar are the java.sql.*
classes in?  And is that jar included in the classpath of the
javac command in the compileclasses target in the build_flex.xml?

Making ant verbose:
    ant -v -buildfile build_flex.xml war
may give you more information as well.

Dan

> Am I missing something?
>
> Regards,
> Mark
>
> D:\ocms_flex\opencms>ant -buildfile build_flex.xml war
> Buildfile: build_flex.xml
>
> init:
>
> initmsg:
>
> prepare:
>
> compileclasses:
>     [javac] Compiling 344 source files to D:\ocms_flex\build\classes
>     [javac] D:
> \ocms_flex\opencms\src\com\opencms\dbpool\CmsPreparedStatement.jav
> a:201: cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class ParameterMetaData
>     [javac] location: package sql
>     [javac]   public java.sql.ParameterMetaData getParameterMetaData()
> throws ja
> va.sql.SQLException {
>     [javac]                  ^
>     [javac] D:
> \ocms_flex\opencms\src\com\opencms\dbpool\CmsConnection.java:147:
> cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class Savepoint
>     [javac] location: package sql
>     [javac]     public void rollback(java.sql.Savepoint savepoint) throws
> java.s
> ql.SQLException {
>     [javac]                                  ^
>     [javac] D:
> \ocms_flex\opencms\src\com\opencms\dbpool\CmsConnection.java:424:
> cannot resolve symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class Savepoint
>     [javac] location: package sql
>     [javac]     public void releaseSavepoint(java.sql.Savepoint savepoint)
> throw
> s java.sql.SQLException {
>     [javac]                                          ^
>     [javac] D:
> \ocms_flex\opencms\src\com\opencms\dbpool\CmsConnection.java:434:
> cannot resolve symbol
>

> Mark Foley
> CSC
> 212 Northbourne Ave, Braddon, ACT 2612
> Ph: +61-2-62468487    Email: mfoley5 at csc.com.au
>
> This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
> addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
> may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
> contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
> other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
> intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
> in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
> permanently from your system and destroy any copies.

Dan Moore
Programmer
Seurat

"Reinventing the wheel isn't nearly as bad as having to continually
reconceptualize it..."
   --Bijan Parsia