[opencms-dev] Richtext editor

"Füchsel, André" Andre.Fuechsel at koeln.sema.slb.com
Fri May 17 10:45:43 CEST 2002

Hi,

I am new to this list so please forgive me if this question has already been
answered. I find the ActiveX controls very old fashioned and awful, so I
searched the web and found an open source product which seems to work
better. It is entirely based on DHTML and it still works only in Internet
Explorer but this is the same for the ActiveX controls.

The project is hosted by sourceforge and this is the project homepage:
http://richtext.cs.ramesys.com/

Using http://richtext.cs.ramesys.com/rt-0.2/test_embedded.asp you can see it
in action.

I tried to replace the ActiveX control in the OpenCms source with this
editor. Due to my very limited knowledge about the architecture of OpenCms I
could only replace it and if I click now on edit page it is shown but still
not functional. I have to modify all of the edit templates to get it
working.

It could replace both the Page Edit and the Source Edit, there would be no
longer a need to have two ActiveX controls.

Feel free to comment and if you have already done embedding an editor like
this please let me know.

André

--
Andre Fuechsel, Senior Consultant & Software Architect
SchlumbergerSema, XML Network / Competence Center Content Management