[opencms-dev] Oracle Oci woes

mfoley5 at csc.com.au mfoley5 at csc.com.au
Fri May 17 08:07:40 CEST 2002

Hi All,

Until yesterday we had no apparent problems using Oracle 8.1.7 with
OpenCms/Flex on Tomcat 4.0.1 with the "genericsql" driver.  Then we met the
"date/time" problem referred to in previous mails in this list, so have
attempted to change over to the OCI driver.

To do this we set the environment variable ORACLE_HOME and the system PATH,
and copied classes12.zip and nls_charset12.zip to TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib
(renaming them both from .zip to .jar) and to
TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/lib.

When we try to log in to OpenCms we get a "Systemfehler" exception (pasted
below).  It looks like it's failing to retrieve OpenCms user "Guest,  type
1" which does not exist in the database (Guest, type 0 does exist).  This
is the third time this exception is thrown, but it looks like it's being
caught the first two times.

I loaded the database initially using the genericsql driver (trying to do
this with the oracleOci driver did not work - the wizard complained about
not being able to find a file which was clearly there).

If anybody has oracleOci successfully up and running I would like to hear
from you, please.

Thanks,
Mark

[CmsException]: 10 Unknown User. Detailed Error:
[com.opencms.file.oracleplsql.CmsDbAccess]Guest.
      at
com.opencms.file.oracleplsql.CmsDbAccess.readUser(CmsDbAccess.java:2725)
      at
com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsResourceBroker.readWebUser(CmsResourceBroker.java:6263)
      at
com.opencms.file.CmsRequestContext.init(CmsRequestContext.java:275)
      at com.opencms.file.CmsObject.init(CmsObject.java:2064)
      at com.opencms.core.OpenCms.initUser(OpenCms.java:491)
      at
com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.initUser(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:479)
      at
com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.doGet(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:214)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:243)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
      at
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:201)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
      at
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2344)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
      at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:170)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
      at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
      at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:564)
      at
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:163)
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
      at
      at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
      at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1011)
      at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1106)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Mark Foley
CSC
212 Northbourne Ave, Braddon, ACT 2612
Ph: +61-2-62468487    Email: mfoley5 at csc.com.au

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.