AW: [opencms-dev] Spaces in filenames?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Sun Aug 11 14:20:28 CEST 2002

Hi Mark,

In OpenCms a filename of an uploaded file usually becomes part of the
files URL/URI. To the best of my knowledge, a URL/URI can not have
spaces. So I would'nt say that this is an issue with OpenCms. Some easy
workaround could be to automatically replace all spaces with underscores
(or some other char) at upload time, so you would not have to rename
them manually.

Best Regads,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior