AW: [opencms-dev] OpenCMS folders different from DocUser_Latest.p df

Schmidt, Kai Kai.Schmidt at bonprix.net
Fri Aug 16 14:17:36 CEST 2002

Hi Zozo,

I am also a Newbie but hope, I can answer your questions:

1. I also was a little confused at the very beginning. The folder "projects"
is with reference to the OpenCms-Site (see "projects" in their nav!) and
just an example, it is NOT necessary to have a "projects"-folder. And: you
don´t create a projet IN a folder, but assign folders, which have to be
edited, to a project.
2. Login as Admin, create a new project in the "Administration" view and
just add the root folder to the project
3. Don´t know what you mean. Make sure that you are in your new project and
not in the "online"-project

In general:
a) if you speak German, there is a very short german userguide at
http://www.cs.fh-aargau.ch/~wcm/Dokumentation/Benutzeranleitung%20OpenCms/HT
ML-File/OpenCms%20Benutzeranleitung.html, which is just a little bit
different from the .pdf-documentation and therefor sometimes helpful.

b) Read at least all the first 35 pages (and perhaps the Introduction to the
static import) very carefully before dispairing.

Best regards,

Kai