[opencms-dev] Instalation troubleshooting

Marcelo Perrone mclist at terra.com.br
Sun Aug 18 04:14:07 CEST 2002

Hi there,

	I have been trying to install OpenCMS for the last 2 days
without success.
	I'm running an Windows XP, mySQL database, Tomcat 4.0.4
standalone, j2sdk1.4.0. I downloaded opencms_4.6.1_major.zip, unpacked,
got the opencms.war file and put it in "C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat
4.0\web-apps" (my original folder was webapps but I changed it to the
folder mentioned on the documentation and fixed my web.xml to the new
name).
	I set my system variables to the following:
	CATALINA_HOME,C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0 (C is my hard
drive for system)
	CATALINA_OPTS,-Dfile.encoding=ISO8859_1
	JAVA_HOME,D:\j2sdk1.4.0 (D is my hard drive for java stuff)

	After that I restarted my computer, than restarted tomcat and
requested http://localhost:8080/opencms/ocsetup.

	A bunch of processing happened and the "opencms" folder was
created inside my web-apps folder.

	After that I got:

	// starts here //
	Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 404 - /opencms/ocsetup

--------

	type Status report

	message /opencms/ocsetup

	description The requested resource (/opencms/ocsetup) is not
available.

of threads about this prob but none of them helped me.

	Can anybody give me a light?

	's
Perrone

---