[opencms-dev] Jsp Front End?

Nico Krause nico.krause at nsc.eu.com
Thu Aug 29 19:23:30 CEST 2002

Dear Luca,

as I understood you right you want to implement a administration module for
OpenCMS with Jsp !? I don't know how difficult it is...

But I'm working with OpenCMS since some weeks (2 hours on 1-3 days per week)
and I have to tell you, that there is no need to implement something with
jsp. Because the JAVA API of OpenCMS is clear enough... and the OpenCMS
template system is also very confortable...  and OpenCMS seems very good
prepared of extending the administration area with own modules..  So I would
say implemention it trough jsp is not a good idea. I'm a normal JAVA (web)
programmer which stoppes thinking at the webserver's implementation level.
So if you also think like this... don't think on implement a JSP admin
frontend for open cms - in my opinion..

Any other comments?

Luca - maybe you should explain your target better - so somebody can show
you a possible solution... but OpenCMS is very very good in my opinion.
Download and printout the manual and check the examles ... that's the best
way like I did it.

Best Regards,

Nico