[opencms-dev] Dynamic access control

Bart Elberg belberg at idealcorp.com
Tue Sep 3 21:47:08 CEST 2002

I am looking to provide dynamic access control to each page of a
published website.  I am familiar with the OpenCms
owner/group/permission system, but it does not meet my needs.  This
control needs to be based on IP address or domain name and allow a site
administrator to easily modify the access list (hopefully without
restarting OpenCms or the server).  My initial thought is to modify the
HTTP Request processing code.  This seems like a common need.  Has
anyone done anything similar or have any recommendations?

I am using OpenCms 4.6.1 with Tomcat 4.0.3 on Linux.

All responses are appreciated (except those "I'm on vacation" responses!).

THANKS!!

Bart Elberg