[opencms-dev] Dynamic access control

Nico Krause nico.krause at nsc.eu.com
Tue Sep 3 22:10:23 CEST 2002

Hello Bart,

as I read somewhere - it is possible to give users some more attributes...
So give the user a new attribute like:

- User is allowed to connect from Or
- is not allowed fconnect from
network/IP-Address

So if you login a user add an additional check if the network/IP-Address
attributes matches... and login or don't login the user.  Maybe u can
download such sources or modells somewhere from the internet because it is a
very common way to do add such features to client / server apps. (but I
never did it).

Extending the (User/Group) Admin Screen with this form fields should be also
possible - I read something in the manual. But have no clue... how to do
this practicaly.

Restarting OpenCMS is not needed!

Implementing ACL's on each File.... mhmmm sounds like a complete
restructuring of OpenCMS....(database etc.) ;-) But here I have also no
clue - the OpenCMS developers might say more... but... maybe they say the
same as me - otherwise ... I'm also interested!

Thats all from my side.

Nico