[opencms-dev] How to stop changing line breaks in content bodies?

Doug Schnelzer Doug.Schnelzer at DigitalFocus.com
Thu Sep 5 23:53:49 CEST 2002

Hi all,

When OpenCMS "cleans up" the HTML in a content body it loses indentation and
changes where line breaks happen.  Unfortunately HTML is sometimes an art
and where line breaks happen can change the look of a page.

I think that the "cleaning up" and alternate line breaks are happening in
com.opencms.htmlconverter.CmsHtmlConverter which uses JTidy.  Can someone
confirm this and could I possible remove one of the "\n"s from the code to
stop the line breaks?

By the way, we are about to go live with a 400 page site we just redesigned
for a client.  OpenCMS has worked well for us.  When we go live in a couple
of weeks, I let everyone know so that we can add it to the list of "sites
that use OpenCMS".  As part of the project I extended the CmsXmlNav to
handle some complexities that I couldn't figure out how to do with the
provided navigation capabilities.  If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to
share my extended class.

Thanks for the help,

Doug Schnelzer
Digital Focus