Antwort: RE: [opencms-dev] Authorizing intranet users as guests possible?

Klaus.Mueller at etas.de Klaus.Mueller at etas.de
Wed Sep 11 10:42:42 CEST 2002

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

I'm using webusers now who are members of group user. And it works fine.
The advantage of web users is that I can still use the groups in the
workplace to maintain different levels of user access for editing pages. It
seems to me that this would not be possible with the other approaches where
you create a dummy type of group...

Regards,

Klaus

                    "Alexander Kandzior"
                    <alex at opencms.org>            An:     <opencms-dev at www.opencms.org>
                    Gesendet von:                 Kopie:
                    owner-opencms-dev at www.o       Thema:  RE: [opencms-dev] Authorizing intranet users as guests
                    pencms.org                     possible?

                    10.09.02 13:34
                    Bitte antworten an
                    opencms-dev

Klaus,

additional to the Webuser solution already mentioned,
in the 5.0 version all access to the Workplace requires that
the User is member of the group "Users". If this is not the
case, he is not allowed to login into the workplace.

So you can simply create a group eg. "Externals",
make sure "Users" is not a parent group and protect your resources
so that only "Externals" can access it.

Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior