[opencms-dev] wondering with login

Mayur Solanki mayur at inflibnet.ac.in
Sat Sep 21 08:21:40 CEST 2002

INFLIBNETHello All,
   First I installed OpenCMS 4.6.1, it worked well with no problem.
   But now I installed OpenCMS 5.0 beta version, It installed well..run well
   but problem is that when I shutdown my server after finishing my day work,
   I can't able to login again next day.

   Also this is wonder that I reboot server more than once it works well but
   when I completely shutdown server and turn on again it gives internal errors
   like.........

------------------------------ Start Error Report ------------------------------------------------------
Apache Tomcat/4.0.4 - HTTP Status 500 - Internal Server Error

type Exception report

message Internal Server Error

description The server encountered an internal error (Internal Server Error) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: [CmsException]: 33 Resourcebroker-init error. Detailed Error: Critical error while loading resourcebroker. . Caught Exception: >[CmsException]: 34 Registry error. Detailed Error: couldn't init registry. Caught Exception: >[CmsException]: 21 XML parsing error. Detailed Error: Cannot parse XML file "null". org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1a7b29) was found in the element content of the document.. <<
	at com.opencms.file.CmsRbManager.init(CmsRbManager.java:98)
	at com.opencms.core.OpenCms.(OpenCms.java:184)
	at com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.init(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:434)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:918)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:655)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:566)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.process(HttpProcessor.java:1027)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1125)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
>[CmsException]: 34 Registry error. Detailed Error: couldn't init registry. Caught Exception: >[CmsException]: 21 XML parsing error. Detailed Error: Cannot parse XML file "null". org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1a7b29) was found in the element content of the document.. <
>	at com.opencms.file.CmsRegistry.(CmsRegistry.java:158)
>	at com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsResourceBroker.init(CmsResourceBroker.java:4026)
>	at com.opencms.file.CmsRbManager.init(CmsRbManager.java:86)
>	at com.opencms.core.OpenCms.(OpenCms.java:184)
>	at com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.init(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:434)
>	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:918)
>	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:655)

   I have no more experience on Java, So could not handled above errors directly.
   Please help me for solving my problem.
   I use RedHat Linux 7.2 as a platform and another are : Apache Server, Tomcat,
   MySQL and related tools.

      Any related help will be really appreciated. Advanced thanks.

Mayur.