[opencms-dev] Problem with creating a Page under BEA WL 6.1 and OpenCms 4.7

Heiko Kirschke hkirschk at cscploenzke.de
Tue Sep 24 13:36:50 CEST 2002

Markus,

                    Markus
                    Fabritius            To:     "'opencms-dev at www.opencms.org'" <opencms-dev at www.opencms.org>
                    <Markus.Fabri        cc:
                    tius                 Subject:     [opencms-dev] Problem with creating a Page under BEA WL 6.1
                    @framfab.de>         and OpenCms 4.7
                    Sent by:
                    owner-opencms
                    -dev

                    24.09.2002
                    13:10
                    Please
                    respond to
                    opencms-dev

> [24.09.2002 13:01:39] <opencms_critical> [CmsXmlControlFile] Cannot parse
> XML file "/markusTestPage.html". org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The root
> element is required in a well-formed document.
> [24.09.2002 13:01:39] <opencms_info> [CmsElementXml
> (CmsNewResourcePage/explorer_files_new_page)] Error in getContent for
> template class com.opencms.workplace.CmsNewResourcePage

> Have someone the same problem and solved it, or any ideas?

Although not knowing that much about SAX, I had this problem in another
situation. Essentially, this says that the parsed document must have a

<!DOCTYPE <a root element's name> ...>

declaration in the beginning, e.g. for HTML this would be

The identifier following the the !DOCTYPE term names the root element,
which is <html> in this case.

Viele  Grüße,
Heiko