AW: [opencms-dev] Problem on server transfer (Win2K -> Debian Lin ux)

Frerk Meyer Frerk.Meyer at framfab.de
Tue Oct 22 14:45:46 CEST 2002

> Linux. I also save mySQL database with SQL scripts  (one for
> datas one for
> structure) generating with mySQLFront tool. When I reload my
> datas from SQL
> script, I have this exception on login page :
> Unknown exception. Detailed Error:
> [com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsDbAccess]7.
> Caught Exception: >java.io.StreamCorruptedException: Caught
> EOFException
> while reading the stream header<

I don't know mySQLFront, but try this:
- line end convention. If the output has LF/CR at the end,
convert to only LF on Linux (dos2unix or "tr -d '\r' <in >out")
- end of file convention. Some DOS Tools like a Ctrl-Z as
end-of-file Character. Delete it. Same is true for Ctrl-D
on Linux
- don't use mySQL Front. Use mysqldump on Windows instead
and mysql on Linux.
- don't use ascii ftp transfers on binary files and vice versa
- try "mcopy -t" for text files when using mtools on Linux
- if you have to change character sets on Linux use 'recode'

Hope it helps,

Frerk Meyer