[opencms-dev] OpenCms static export

Yu Shao yu.shao at spectracom.com
Mon Oct 28 22:18:13 CET 2002

Hi all,

I am reviewing OpenCms for our potential client projects.
I am having Redhat Linux 7.2 + Tomcat 4.1.12 + JSDK 1.4.0
Everything works fine.

But I do have a problem to ask for your expertise.
We want use OpenCms as a content admin system, then export all pages (static) under
another webserver, say Apache, to serve the site. The problem is when you do the export, all the
images still point to OpenCms. Is there any way to config the system or do some filteration on
the fly when you do the export so that the image src points to the image dir under the webserver?

Also, is there anyway to create an image gallery outside the "pics" directroy, say under your project dir,
and can be used (drag and drop) in the WYSWYG edtor. The reason I want to do that is if the images are
from the "pics" dir, when you export the project to some other dir, the images are always exported in the
"pics" dir, instead of under your project dir.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

-----
Yu Shao
Programmer Analyst