[opencms-dev] Managing database size

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Fri Nov 1 07:39:40 CET 2002

Hi Bart,

managing history age this is a standard feature in in the 5.0 beta 1,
but not in the previous releases. In the 5.0, there is a new icon in the
Adminstration -> Project Management which lets you specify the max age
of history contents.

A workaround for older releases:
1. Backup your old database
2. Make an export of your "/" folder (ie. everything) using
Administration -> Databases Management -> Export
3. Setup a new instance of OpenCms in the version you are currently
using with the OpenCms setup wizard
4. Give the database of this new instance a different name (in the
dialog of the wizard)
5. Import your content in this new instance
6. Check if everything still works (important point :)
7. If so, drop the old database and rename the new database to the old
name using database tools

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior