[opencms-dev] Managing database size

Bart Elberg belberg at idealcorp.com
Fri Nov 1 15:43:05 CET 2002

Alex,

We are using 4.6.1 and don't have the time to update to 5.0 and retest
everything.  It's good to hear that this issue is being addressed in the
new version.

For the export, here are the options that I think are correct:
  no  - exclude system folders
  yes - include group- and userdata
  no  - exclude files unchanged in the current project

I assume from the response that the import does NOT import the history.
 Could you confirm this?
Is there any other data that is lost/changed in this process?  We have
separate tables that contain application data and will be exported
separately.  This data is related to the OpenCms data by the CMS_USER.ID
field.  Hopefully the IDs are not changed during the export/import process?

Thanks for your help!

Bart

--
Bart Elberg