[opencms-dev] preview problem

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Mon Nov 4 12:55:42 CET 2002

Martin,

the problem is related to the OpenCms cache settings. In the offline
project these are set to

	//HTTP 1.1
      resp.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
      //HTTP 1.0
      resp.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");

in the Classes

com.opencms.template.CmsRootTemplate
com.opencms.template.cache.CmsUri

which causes trouble with later versions of IE because IE seems to be
unable to write the plugin files to its temp directory with this
settings.

Quick Fix is to replace above lines with:

	//HTTP 1.1
      resp.setHeader("Cache-Control", "max-age=5");
      //HTTP 1.0
      // resp.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");

and recompile the OpenCms core. This will probably be incooperated in
the next release.

BTW if anyone is a http header guru I surely would appreciate some input
on a set of better header settings for this caching stuff.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
OpenCms Group / Alkacon Software

explorerShowRe
source.html?url=/opencms/opencms/pics/Fanm.swf HTTP/1.1
[...]
which is mapped to
GET http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/pics/Fanm.swf HTTP/1.1 [...]

only works with mozzilla but not with IE.
on the other hand GETting the same file in the online project, which is
mapped to: GET http://localhost:8080/opencms/export/pics/Fanm.swf
HTTP/1.1 [...]

works with both browsers. Could not try it with opera because this
browser don't even displays the workplace correctly.

Up to now i have no satisfying solution in porting a small site which
includes some flash files to opencms because of the flash preview
problems which result in a problem previewing html files containing the
flash files. Can we somehow isolate the problem to be finally be able to
fix it?