[opencms-dev] preview problem

Martin Leja Martin.Leja at mpluss.de
Mon Nov 4 19:17:05 CET 2002

Hi Alexander,

unfortunately, it's not that easy to rebuild opencms 4.6.1 with new versions
of the java sdk and ant installed.
I thnik thats causing the trouble i have, but i'm relativly new to using ant
and building opencms, so there could be other reasons.

I followed chapter "14.2 How to compile the OpenCms core" of the
documentation OpenCmsDoc20020308.pdf.
Despite the doc stating
"If you don't have this file, the OpenCms Oracle Driver (package
com.opencms.file.oracleplsql) is not compiled, which is ok if you don't run
on Oracle."

ant throws an error:
    [javac] C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\martin\Eigene
Dateien\projekte\opencms
src\opencms\src\com\opencms\file\oracleplsql\CmsDbAccess.java:31: package
oracle.jdbc.driver does not exist
    [javac] import oracle.jdbc.driver.*;
[...]

so i downloaded the new oracle jdbc driver ojdbc14.jar because the described
classes12.zip is for jdk 1.2 and 1.3 but i have 1.4 installed. Then i
changed build.xml accordingly. Ant was not complaining about the oracle
package anymore but shows an other error:
    [javac] C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\martin\Eigene
Dateien\projekte\opencms
src\opencms\src\com\opencms\launcher\CmsPdfLauncher.java:34: package
org.apache.fop.apps does not exist
    [javac] import org.apache.fop.apps.Driver;

Where is the missing package included in and where do i get it from and most
important how do i modify build.xml to be able to build. I'm aware of the
fact that the build environment for opencms 4.6.1 as described in the doc
differs from mine because i have newer versions of the involved software, so
i wonder if it makes sense to proceed or should i consider a downgrade?

Regards, martin.leja at mpluss.de