[opencms-dev] CmsXmlNav.getNavParent() bug?

Martin Leja Martin.Leja at mpluss.de
Thu Nov 7 15:13:14 CET 2002

hi,

my vfs looks like this:
/site_folder/folder_a/file_a.html
/site_folder/folder_a/file_b.html
/site_folder/folder_b/file_a.html
/site_folder/folder_b/file_b.html

all html files should include a navigation element so that the following nav
is displayed
<nav text of folder_a and link to index file>  |  <nav text of folder_b and
link to index file>  | ...

i thought that the a "<method name="getNavParent">1</method>" would be the
right method to use here, but it gives me the navigation of the root "/",
i.e.
Background  |   Projects  |   Service  |   Homepage
because i have the opencms homepage imported. This is an bug isn't it?

I get the desired result with "<method name="getNavRoot">2</method>", but
would rather use the above getNavParent because this method acts relative to
the path of the current file whereas getNavRoot proceeds in an absolute way
starting from the root folder. Therefore getNavParent will still work if i
move the folder "site_folder" to another location.

Regards, martin.leja at mpluss.de