[opencms-dev] Setup wizard will not complete - FIXED?

mike--d miked at inwind.it
Mon Nov 11 20:31:26 CET 2002

On 11 Nov 2002, Thomas Maerz wrote:

> I am using Debian Woody, too. And everything works fine for me.
> What browser are you using? I had problems with Mozilla on Debian Woody,
> because it does not update the current progress of the installation.
> Try to reload the page when importing the workspace and if being asked
> to repost the data, do so. Then the progress of the installation is being
> showed in the "Import workspace window".

Many thanks, Thomas: it  worked...

Ok... I'm using mozilla, but also Konqueror acts wierdly (but normally I
don't use it often, so maybe is only a matter of setup).
Anyway I've tried, and waiting, then reloading the central frame worked
for me.

Anyway trere are some thing I've learned during the setup process:
- you must not put the .war file into tomcat directory, but you
  have to:

# cd /var/lib/tomcat4/webapps
# mkdir opencms
# cd opencms
# unzip /tmp/opencms.war
# cd ..
# chown -Rv tomcat4.www-data opencms

Ie you have to uncompress the content of the .war file, ancd change the
owner of the files as tomcat4.www-data.

And beware that the default configuration of mysql on woody doesn't
allow tcp connection, so comment the line ``skip_networking'' in
/etc/mysql/my.cnf.

Now the hard part: understandig opencms.

Mike