[opencms-dev] Setup wizard will not complete - FIXED?

mike--d miked at inwind.it
Tue Nov 12 16:58:24 CET 2002

On 11 Nov 2002, Thomas Maerz wrote:

> > Ie you have to uncompress the content of the .war file, ancd change the
> > owner of the files as tomcat4.www-data.
>
> No, you needn't. Just copy the .war-file in the $CATALIN_HOME/webapps
> directory and restart Tomcat. Tomcat will deploy the .war-file and set
> the permissions to the user who started Tomcat.
>
> # $CATALIN_HOME/bin/shutdown.sh
> # cp opencms.war $CATALIN_HOME/webapps
> # $CATALIN_HOME/bin/startup.sh
>
> Or deploy the .war-file in your way. In the end there's IMHO no difference.

It didn't worked for me, and I don't know why. The syntoms are a bunch
of nullPoinerException when you try to start ocsetup. I've also read that
someone else had solved the problem updating the j2sdk, but I have the
same Sun JDK that solved the problem...

> Yes, took me some time to find this problem. But it seems, that this is
> a default Debian configuration. I think, I read this during the
> installation of MySQL.

Yes, there is a warning during the installation and also in the
documentation: but I tried some weird things before pinpointing
the problem. The mysql client seems that use unix socket connectivity
if the tcp connectivity on localhost doesn't work.

Mike