[opencms-dev] From TODO list: Native support for Velocity templates

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Nov 13 12:51:28 CET 2002

Anil,

great, please go ahead, i would be more than happy to include your work.

The way I do envision the integration is as follows:

* There will be a resource type "velocity"
  ie. when you press "new file" you can select "Velocity Template"
  like "Page", "JSP", "Text" etc.
* A property attached to the velocity file will point to the velocity
  class used to process the template
* Velocity templates will share the FlexLoader mechanism we developed
  for the JSP so that they are cached according to the same rules
* Velocity templates can be sub-elements of a JSP (or an XMLTemplate)
  and vice-versa

I am planning to use the work of Werner Punz as a base since he has
already solved the issue on how to load Velocity templates from the VFS.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
OpenCms Group / Alkacon Software