[opencms-dev] From TODO list: Native support for Velocity templates

Anil Patel toanilpatel at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 13 19:27:33 CET 2002

>I am planning to use the work of Werner Punz as a base since he has
>already solved the issue on how to load Velocity templates from the >VFS.
Definately, I have extended his work to add other things. If you remember I
had send some sample and doc on it earlier also.

>* There will be a resource type "velocity"
>   ie. when you press "new file" you can select "Velocity Template"
>   like "Page", "JSP", "Text" etc.

This things has been done.

>* Velocity templates will share the FlexLoader mechanism we developed
>   for the JSP so that they are cached according to the same rules
I will have to work on this, It will take me some time to get to understand
Flex and then I get work on this.

>* Velocity templates can be sub-elements of a JSP (or an XMLTemplate)
>   and vice-versa
The code that we have does part this, I will have to do some more work to
get Sub-elements.

Anil