[opencms-dev] Projects, modules, directories, users, permissions

Kevin McKenzie kevin at mkid.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 23 00:07:54 CET 2002

I downloaded the 5.0 beta and the 4.6 documentation pdf, the install went fine and I
have been working my way through the manual.

So far, I have been doing everything as Admin in the Root Folder.  Now I am trying to set
up my own project/module, but can't quite figure out whether to create a module or
project, or both, and how they relate to each other.  Also how to create new users with
access rights to the new project only?

I have trawled through the archive and, although some threads seem to discuss this (e.g.
Alexander Kandzior's email on 13 Nov 2002 RE: [opencms-dev] OpenCMS Beta 2 -
default template), I am still struggling.

Can anyone please spare a moment to give me a quick 'how-to'?

Regards,
Kevin