[opencms-dev] How to use v. 5 beta

Tillman, James JamesTillman at fdle.state.fl.us
Mon Nov 25 17:08:32 CET 2002

> > When I actually use "template1," however, I do not get "Hello
> > World" in the content of my new page, even though I've
> > correctly linked up the contenttemplate1 page.  I get
> > <[CDATA[]]> in the body of my content.
>
> This is normal. To have a preset default body you need to put another
> file in the "default_bodies" directory.

This sounds okay, but it sort of makes the contenttemplate obsolete, doesn't
it?  What purpose does contenttemplate serve if I have to define the body
template in the default_bodies folder?  I see now that I have to choose the
new body template from a drop down list when I create a new page, so the
contenttemplate doesn't even provide a default body for that particular
template.  I'm still missing some information here, it seems.

> Note: There is a bug in the 5.0b2 with the selection of the
> mastertemplate which has been discussed in this list earlier
> and fixed.

I'll see if I can find this in the archives.

One more aggravation:  When creating the new body template, I tried to use
the HTML editor, but it didn't work.  The HTML editor corrupted the
XMLTEMPLATE and TEMPLATE tags that seem to be required for the body
template.  Am I going to be required to create all my new bodies in the
sourcecode editor?  This kind of creates an administrative annoyance.

Thanks for your help so far.  I hope to understand this at some point.

jpt