[opencms-dev] cannot create new project

weHe @ FreeCreatives wehe at free-creatives.net
Thu Nov 28 18:27:49 CET 2002

Hi everybody,

I've managed to setup OpenCms and it seems it works well so far,
but I have problems to create a new project as described in chapter
one of the user manual.

It seems to be related to Folders field:
when I enter /test/ for the folder,
an error message tells me that the project data is invalid,
the traceback at the details page says
[CmsException]: 2 Not found. Detailed Error:
[com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsDbAccess] /default/vfs/test/
at com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsDbAccess.readFolder(CmsDbAccess:8036)

if I enter /demo/ for the folder, it says
[CmsException]: 2 Not found. Detailed Error:
[com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsDbAccess] /default/vfs/demo/
at com.opencms.file.genericSql.CmsDbAccess.readFolder(CmsDbAccess:8036)

when I select an existing folder from the popup instead of entering a new
one, the new project will be created (eg /, or /system/ or
/system/bodies/ ).

any ideas what is going wrong here and how I can create a new project for a
new folder?

Thanks and best regards,
Werner