[opencms-dev] OpenCMS as Middleware

Thomas Keller thomasdkeller at web.de
Fri Nov 29 10:45:56 CET 2002

Hello everybody!

I have very little experience with OpenCMS. The basic thing is, that I need
OpenCMS for XML data handling. That means XML data come through RPC's to
OpenCMS, should be automatically inserted into the database (through a
database layer, I suppose a self-written subclass from ContentDefintion) and
should also be grabbed from OpenCMS through http which get plain XML.

That means, I don't really use the whole template/ rendering mechanism,
OpenCMS is only used for data handling. The rendering is done from another,
already implemented platform. The data currently reside in an Oracle 9i
database.

Additional requirements are:
- clear role model
- version management
- scalability
- workflow

Has anybody a clue, how this can be implemented in CMS?

Thanks in advance!

TommyD.