[opencms-dev] lucene-opencms installation trouble

Carlos Lopez Molina clopez at epsa.junta-andalucia.es
Wed Dec 4 19:50:48 CET 2002

Hi all:

I had a hard time (not too long, fortunately)  trying to figure out what was
going on, so I would like to share my experience.

I downloaded the integration classes from Opencms.org, and uploaded the
modules.
I thought it would be wiser to use the final release of
lucene(lucene-1.2.jar) instead of  the one packed with the integration
classes (lucene-1.2-rc4-h.jar).
Then I run into problems. When I tried to do a search  at the demo form, if
there was no match, everything was ok, lucene said "No match". If I tried a
search with matches, I was getting an "Error Calling the search module", and
a "No such method: org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery.getTerm()" error at
Tomcat.

Conclusion: If you use the lucene....jar file packed with integration
classes everything works fine.

Best regards.
Carlos Lopez Molina
Empresa Publica de Suelo de Andalucia.