[opencms-dev] error connecting to mysql during setup

Todd Jones jonest1 at charter.net
Fri Dec 13 04:15:40 CET 2002

I am using RedHat7.3 stock with the following components.
        Sun SDK 1.4.1
        OpenCMS 5.0 Beta 2
        MySQL 3.23.49-3
        Tomcat 4.12 (rpm)

I have installed the opencms webapp, but with some difficulty.  Tomcat would
not unpack the war.  So, I unpacked it manually and restarted tomcat.
Everything appears okay at this point.  I can access the sample servlets and
jsp's from Tomcat.

I can go to the setup page, but when I place my mysql username and password in
the form and press continue, I receive the following error.

Could no connect to database via: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/
java.sql.SQLException: Invalid authorization specification: Access denied for
user: 'root at localhost.localdomain' (Using password: YES)

java.lang.NullPointerException

I have verified I can connect to mysql using the username/password I placed
into the form using the monitor.

Does anybody know the possible problem?  Do I need any extra software?

I could not find any help in the archive or on the website.

I appreciate your help in this matter.

Regards,

Todd Jones