[opencms-dev] Internationalization

Ivan Biddles ivanb at scientology.net
Tue Jan 7 21:32:49 CET 2003

Hi,

I am working on a fully internationalized web site, so I was pleased
when the locale "uk" was changed to "en" as that more conforms to
standard.

However, there is still a problem with this because it only supports the
language part of a locale and not the region part.

Is there any sort of support in OpenCms for distinguishing locales such
as en_US and en_GB, or fr_FR and fr_CA?

Being an Englishman living in the United States I am very aware that
there is a major difference between English English (en_GB) and American
English (en_US). There are also different currencies and date formats.

If there is no such support, are there are any plans? Or could someone
point me in the direction of how to implement this for myself (which I
could then share).

Thanks,
          Ivan

(BTW, I'd like to wish a Happy and Prosperous New Year to you all)