[opencms-dev] Search engine / pure Java

weHe @ FreeCreatives wehe at free-creatives.net
Fri Jan 10 19:36:54 CET 2003

> Alexis,
>
> you can download the pre-release version of the JSP/htdig search module
> here:

Hello,
I'm new to OpenCMS and
I'd *very* much prefer a pure-Java search engine.

- Is anyone successfully using Lucene with V5.rc1 ??
- Can the old integration modules be used with V5.rc1?
  (I've tried hard to get Simon Knightley's and Gregor Huhn's without any
success -
   would it make sense to dig into the troubles with V5 and debug them?
   I'm still overwhelmed by the load of things to learn there)

- Or would I have to export the pages from OpenCMS,
create the search index outside of OpenCMS and query it from a JSP?

- AND:
http://www.opencms.org/opencms/opencms/projects/current.html states
---cut---
The lucene searchengine provided by http://jakarta.apache.org
will be integrated into OpenCms. It is planned to have search
capabilities for frontend and backend (workplace) users.
---cut---
That would be really great!! Is it still planned?
I cannot find any reference to lucene in doto.txt and history.txt.

Thanks a lot,
Werner