[opencms-dev] Dudes about inserting Javascript Blocks

Miguel Angel Ruiz angel at ebstudio.com
Thu Jan 16 16:06:28 CET 2003

Hi,

I´m working with OpenCms version 5.0. I tried to insert a Javascript block in a frametemplate following the instructions in OpenCms v.4.6 user´s guide.It shows the follow template structure for a frametemplate:
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<XMLTEMPLATE>

<TEMPLATE>

<![CDATA[

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>]]><method name="getTitle"/><![CDATA[</TITLE>

]]><element name="javascript"/><![CDATA[

</HEAD>

<BODY>

]]><element name="body"/><![CDATA[

</BODY>

</HTML>

]]>

</TEMPLATE>

<ELEMENTDEF name="javascript">

<TEMPLATESELECTOR>script</TEMPLATESELECTOR>

</ELEMENTDEF>

</XMLTEMPLATE>

If it´s a frametemplate´s xml file, why the body element is inserted within the template but not the contenttemplate element?

And then, the user´s guide shows the way to define the Javascritp code in another file named script.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<XMLTEMPLATE>

<TEMPLATE>

<!- body template ->

</TEMPLATE>

<TEMPLATE name="script">

<!- Javascript code ... ->

</TEMPLATE>

</XMLTEMPLATE>

In which folder do I have to put this file?

Thanks,

Angel Ruiz