[opencms-dev] CMSshell

Ivan Biddles ivanb at scientology.net
Fri Jan 24 06:45:15 CET 2003

Hi Mike,

The code does not actually allow for publishing from the Shell.

In CmsStaticExport, it says:

        }else if (cms.getRequestContext().getRequest() != null) {
            // this will be false if OpenCms is running from the
CmsShell

Then it does the export in the "else if".

So, from the Shell, it will _check_ what it needs to publish but won't
actually export it.

I haven't found a way around this yet, but maybe there should be a
property that can be read from opencms.properties which would define the
servlet URL and web app URL that you want to export to.

That way we would be able to publish _much_ faster than you can through
the browser, which gets slower and slower the more files you have to
publish.

Best wishes,
             Ivan