[opencms-dev] HTTPS pages

Ivan Biddles ivanb at scientology.net
Fri Jan 17 09:04:44 CET 2003

OK, my problem was due to some strange issues with publishing and is now
resolved.

However, I have an issue that I had asked about a few months ago which
is that once an HTTPS page is invoked, all the links in that page that
should go back to straight HTTP stay in HTTPS.

So once you go into HTTPS you can never leave it. This is very bad,
because depending upon browser settings you can end up with a dialog box
every time you click on a link that ought to be HTTP but is now being
invoked as HTTPS.

"This page contains both secure and non secure items. Do you want to
display the nonsecure items ?"

The problem seems to be with LinkSubstitution.getLinkSubstitution which
overrides the link resolution whenever the page is currently in HTTPS
mode.

I need to release my site very soon, so I would really appreciate some
ideas  on this.

Best wishes,
            Ivan