[opencms-dev] Changing contenttemplates

ccahill at csc.com.au ccahill at csc.com.au
Fri Jan 24 06:27:37 CET 2003

Alex,

Thanks for your response to my question.  I tried clearing the elementcache
as you suggested but this didn't work (details below).  Then a colleague
here suggested I try doing a full static export and that did work!  The
details of what I did are listed below:

1.  In explorer, edit sourcecode for a contenttemplate called
'headerTemplate1' and make a small change.  Save the changes and exit the
editor.

2.  After unlocking, publish directly the file 'headerTemplate1'.

3.  In explorer, click on a page called 'index.html' whose master template
is called 'toplevel', which uses 'headerTemplate1'.  The change made is
seen in the browser window that opens.

4.  In a separate browser window, go to the url of the published page on my
web site, 'index.html'.  The change made in 1. above is NOT seen, even
after refreshing the page!

5.  In administration view (for the offline project), as you suggested,
click on 'Clear elementcache' and Ok in the dialog that appears.

6.  Again, in a separate browser window, go to the url of the published
page on my web site, 'index.html'.  Again, the change made in 1. above is
NOT seen, even after refreshing the page!

I have found two ways to fix the problem (that is make the change made in
1. above seen in the published web page) but I wonder if either of these
should be necessary!

FIRST SOLUTION

(a)  In explorer view, open the master template 'toplevel' (referred to
above, that the page 'index.html' uses) in the sourcecode editor and simply
'save and close' even without making any changes.

(b)  After unlocking, I publish directly the file 'toplevel'.

(c)  In a separate browser window, go to the url of the published page on
my web site, 'index.html'.  The change made in 1. above IS seen, after
refreshing the page!

SECOND SOLUTION

(a)  In the Online project, in administration view, click on 'Static
export' and 'Ok' in the following dialog.  Lots of resources are exported
and this takes some time.

(b)  In a separate browser window, go to the url of the published page on
my web site, 'index.html'.  The change made in 1. above IS seen, after
refreshing the page!

I hope this helps you determine whether this is a bug or not.

Thanks,
Chris

This email, including any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or personal information and
may also be the subject of legal privilege. Any personal information
contained in this email is not to be used or disclosed for any purpose
other than the purpose for which you have received it. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not disclose or use the information contained
in it. In this case, please let me know by return email, delete the message
permanently from your system and destroy any copies.

"Alexander Kandzior" <alex at opencms.org>@www.opencms.org on 23/01/2003
07:28:12 PM

Please respond to opencms-dev at www.opencms.org

Sent by:    owner-opencms-dev at www.opencms.org