[opencms-dev] Hello World

Jeff Pittman geojeff at swbell.net
Fri Jan 31 05:23:23 CET 2003

How hard would it be for someone in the know (not me) to write a short doc for explaining how to create a new project and write the files for a new "Hello World" page using templates, like the example in the pdf file from March of last year? (All the way to how you "publish" the hello world page).

I would be much appreciative and think this should exist as an always-up-to-date, bare-minimum offering in the release docs.

It just seems that such a doc would be so easy for someone with experience to write (30 minutes?) and would save someone like me (and others just starting with the system) _unnecessarily_ wasted time.  If a new user gets confused _after_ successfully following at least a "hello world" howto doc, then the new user is not likely to get as frustrated and would keep perservering.

Thanks,

Jeff Pittman
Beaumont, TX