[opencms-dev] our approach

Jan Prill JanPrill at blauton.de
Thu Jan 30 13:17:25 CET 2003

Hello, List,

as i said - because of performance problems with our main webapplication (a
database running on primebase) we use static export by now.

On Sunday i will publish the export.zip. I'am a little frightend that the
more experienced users won't be impressed by our technique. But for newbies
(like myself) it may be a kickstart on XML-Templating (very little JSP by
now).

For us, as we are lawyers with more or less IT-backround, it hopefully
becomes a reliable system to maintain our sites up to date.

System that is in use on our intranet:

Windows 2000
Tomcat 4.12
J2SDK 1.4.1
openCMS 5.0 rc1

Our workflow in this test-phase will be: Editors will provide new content. A
quality manager will check the online project. Do the static export and put
it on the server. Pretty simple by now. But maybe exactly the size some
small businesses are interested in.

On reply to other questions: We already are on a dedicated server, on which
is running an information service for lawyers. So as we'll put more server
power up, we sooner or later will switch to dynamic site creation.

Regards
Jan Prill

Jurion GmbH
Jan.Prill at jurion.de