[opencms-dev] Publishing to multiple locations?

Sven Dittmar dittmar at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Feb 3 08:58:25 CET 2003

Hi Foster,

> I am new to OpenCMS development and I am trying figure out the best way to
> publish a site to different locations from within the workplace. Currently,
> we publish our site then QA it, then if it passes QA, it's all copied (via
> FTP) to the production server.
we have the same problem here (University with many users/sites and
different locations for the static-exports of several projects).

We created a shellscript that runs via cronjob and uses rsync and a
simple config-file (this last part is not ready yet).

So it is *not* a solution that works within OC as a button or so.

But when a OC-user publishes and the cronjob checks the export
directories the rsync-script copies the new files to the final location.

Regards,
Sven